- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups of broccoli (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp butter
- 8 ounces of long english cucumber diced
- 4 ounces of yellow bell pepper – chopped
- 4 ounces of Feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tbsp ground garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 3 Thai red chile peppers – diced (with seeds)
Yield: 4 servings
- Place all marinade ingredients on a glass dish and combine well.
- Add chicken thighs to marinade and stir to coat well.
- Cover and leave in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add 1 ounce of olive oil to a pan over medium heat and place chicken thighs presentation side down in hot oil.
- Turn thighs after 2 minutes.
- Place pan in the oven under the broiler for 8-10 minutes. Check to ensure internal temperature is above 160F.
- While chicken is in the oven mix the cucumber, bell pepper, Feta, olive oil and lemon juice in a glass dish. Stir to combine.
- Place the 2 cups of riced broccoli in a microwave safe dish with 1 ounce of water and microwave for 2 minutes – stirring half way through. Add 1 tbsp of butter when done.
- When the chicken is done cut each thigh piece in to 3 and serve on top of the riced broccoli
Peri Peri or literally Pepper Pepper Chicken
A tasty chicken dish with a back heat that is not overpowering. Paired with broccoli rice and a cucumber salad makes a satisfying meal.
Amount per serving.