- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, diced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp basil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced in rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic gloves, whole
- 1/4 heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Yield: 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Wash and dice the chicken breast.
- In an oven proof skillet (I use a cast iron fry pan), melt the butter over medium heat on the stove.
- Add diced chicken to the fry pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add the basil, onion powder and Italian seasoning to the chicken and continue to brown for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan add the olive oil, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic cloves. Heat until mushrooms are sautéed and tomatoes become soft.
- Add chicken to the skillet, stir to combine meat and vegatables.
- Over low heat add cream and stir for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top and place in oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is brown.
Keeps for up to 4 days in fridge, does not freeze well.
Baked casserole, a perfect dinner dish
Casseroles were a weekly thing when I was growing up. I was 1 of 3 kids in a family of 5, and casseroles were just an easy way to feed us all. I didn’t always like the casseroles that were served, but I have come to appreciate their versatility, and have come to enjoy the variety of flavours and ingredients in them. The two best things about casseroles: 1) makes great leftovers for lunch the next day, 2) you can create one with whatever you have in the fridge!
Amount per serving.