- Half-head of a small cabbage – shredded
- 5 strips of bacon – chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Yield: 2 servings
- Wash cabbage and shred. I use a knife but a mandolin will work too.
- Chop 5 slices of bacon into small pieces.
- Heat large fry pan over medium heat, add bacon bits and fry until crispy.
- Keeping bacon in the fry pan, drain off bacon grease.
- Add cabbage and butter to fry pan. Continue to stir cabbage and mix with bacon until the cabbage is soft and translucent.
- Add salt and pepper and serve.
Quick and easy. Enjoy!
Delicious quick side dish that will satisfy your taste buds
This recipe is a great substitute for a salad. You can’t go wrong with cabbage, bacon and butter. I served this as a side dish alongside grilled pork chops and it was a family hit.
Amount per serving.