- 2 large bone-in pork chops
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Swerve brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- ground pepper
Yield: 1/2 cup of marinade for 2 pork chops
- In a medium bowl, whisk together: soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and lemon juice.
- Place pork chops in a zip lock bag and pour marinade over them. Swish around in the bag so the chops become covered in marinade. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, best left overnight.
- Once marinated, preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice onion into medium sized pieces and place in bottom of baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over onions and toss to coat them. Season with pepper.
- Place marinated pork chops on top of onions and bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Depending on your oven you may need to bake longer. Use a meat thermometer until it reads an internal temperature of 145 F.
- If you prefer grilled chops over baked, these grill up nicely too.
A touch of sweet and sour for chops
If you like a touch of sweet and sour with your pork this is the perfect marinade. Mix it up the day before and let the chops marinade over night.
Marinade Nutrition Facts (not including pork chop)