- Half brie cheese wheel (approx 80 grams)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sauteed mushrooms (chopped fine)
- 1 tbsp chopped bacon bits
- 1 tbsp melted butter
Yield: 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a small bowl mix almond flour and baking powder.
- In a small saucepan, melt mozzarella cheese over low heat. When fully melted add flour mixture and mix thoroughly until it forms dough.
- Roll out into a circle between 2 sheets of parchment paper. You can make it as thin or thick as you like, just make sure there is enough dough to wrap up around the brie and toppings.
- Place the brie in the center of the rolled out dough.
- Scoop the mushrooms on top and add the bacon bits on top of the mushrooms.
- Make a pinwheel with the dough and fold up around the brie and toppings. Do this by taking a knife and cutting into the dough in strips starting from the brie and cutting out towards the edges (see picture in the side bar).
- Once the brie is wrapped up, place it on a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes. It is done when the pastry is golden brown.
Serve with low carb crackers.
Baked Brie for boardgames night or just hanging out by yourself
I love brie cheese, I love it even more when it’s baked and has yummy stuff on it like sundried tomatoes or pesto or bacon or mushrooms. When I feel like brie and don’t have company coming, I’ll bake up half a wheel just for myself. Lucky for me friends left a half wheel of brie behind this past weekend and I made up this yummy appetizer just for myself.
Amount per serving.