- 1 cup uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- fresh ground pepper
Yield: 3 servings
- Clean and rinse shrimp, pat dry.
- In a large fry pan, over low-med heat, melt butter and add shrimp in an even layer across the pan. Sear on one side until the shrimp starts to turn pink on the edges.
- Sprinkle half the chili powder and paprika over shrimp and flip over to sear on the other side.
- Sprinkle the remaining chili powder and paprika on the shrimp and finish searing for abotu a minute.
- Shrimp will be done when pink throughout. Searing doesn’t take very long so be sure not to overcook the shrimp.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Toss until mixed.
- Add olive oil and lime juice and toss until coated.
- Add cooked shrimp to bowl and toss a final time.
- Serve with cracked pepper.
Shrimp cocktail just like on the beach in Mexico!
Shrimp avocado cocktail salads are so delicious, they make a great appetizer to get your taste buds primed for the main meal.
This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make. Don’t make too much extra as it doesn’t store well. It keeps overnight but any longer the avocado turns brown.
Amount per 5 onion rings