- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (finely grated)
- 5 green onions or chives(chopped finely)
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper (minced)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (hulled)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (hulled)
Yield: 2 cheese balls
- Combine cream cheese and cheddar in a mixing bowl and combine.
- Add green onions, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion powder and black pepper. Mix thouroughly.
- Divide mixture in 2 and make into 2 balls.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for and hour.
- Roll balls in pumpkin and sunflower seeds before serving.
Classic party favourite with seeds!
Cheese balls are a staple party appy in my house. I make this nut free version for my friends and family that can’t eat nuts. The seeds give you lots of antioxidants and make a great nut substitute.
The cheese balls can be frozen for up to a month. If you are going to freeze them don’t roll in seeds until you are ready to serve them. Allow to thaw and then roll and serve.
Amount Per cheese ball