- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute (I use monk fruit)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (I use monk fruit)
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute (I use monk fruit)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
Makes: 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Melt the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in the microwave until melted together. Heat in increments and stir in between.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Mix in the almond flour, sugar substitute, salt and baking soda together and then add them to the melted cheese mixture.
- Knead well with your hands until the dough is well combined.
- Divide the dough in to 24-32 balls and set them aside.
- Create the coating for the balls.
- Melt the butter in a small dish.
- In a separate small dish mix together the sugar substitute and cinnamon.
- Roll each ball in the melted butter and then coat well with the cinnamon mixture.
- Place the balls in the bundt pan.
- Making the topping.
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter then add in the heavy cream, sugar substitute and salt.
- Bring to a very light boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and the remaining cinnamon coating mixture.
- Pour the topping over the dough balls in the bundt pan.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place a serving plate upside down over the bundt pan and turn out the monkey bread.
Enjoy! And try not to fight over who gets the last piece. You will be making more after all.
A twisted treat that will not fail to please.
With all the best characteristics of cinnamon rolls this treat will knock your tastebuds for a loop. I have seen several carb heavy recipes for monkey bread that alas are both tempting and off the menu. Give this a tray and you and your guests will be very happy.
Amount Per Serving (1 cookie)
|Net Carbohydrates||2.96 g|