- 1 medium white cabbage finely shredded (you can use a bag of pre-cut cabbage too)
- 15 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 red Thai chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leave. Remove leaves from stems before chopping.
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley (flat or curly, whichever you like)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
Combine these 3 ingredients in a jar and shake to mix.
Yield: 8 servings
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, green onions, herbs and chili pepper. Toss until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Chill in fridge before serving….it’s even better the second day.
Thinking of summer? This coleslaw is just what you need.
Coleslaw is a summer favourite, and this recipe has the full flavour of summer with fresh mint and lemon juice. My sister-in-law always made this salad when she came to visit, in 2008 she sent me the recipe and I have been making it ever since. The original recipe calls for peanut oil, but it is just as amazing by swapping out the peanut oil for avocado oil.
This is a simple and quick recipe that makes 8 servings, so you will have leftovers for lunch throughout the week.
Amount Per Serving