- 213 g (7.5 oz) can of salmon
- 1 small onion – finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pork rinds – crushed
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- pinch of salt
Makes 4 servings
- Drain salmon and place in a medium size bowl.
- Mix into bowl chopped onion, egg, pork rinds, mayonnaise, paprika, tabasco sauce, salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly into 4 and roll into balls. Flatten salmon balls between your palms and form into patties.
- Place in fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat.
- Place salmon cakes in fry pan and cook one each side until golden brown.
- Serve with salad or your favourite veggies.
Fish is on the Menu!
Dave posted a fantastic fresh Sockeye Salmon recipe a while back. Today I cheaped out and am posting a canned salmon recipe. If you are routing around in your pantry and find a can of salmon (like I did today) this is the recipe for you. Instead of breadcrumbs use pork rinds, they add just the right texture without a strong pork flavour. The tabasco and paprika give the cakes a slight spicy bite.
These are so delicious. Make smaller ones and serve as appies at happy hour!
Amount Per 1 Serving