- 16 ounces Sockeye Salmon – in two pieces
- 1 cup broccoli separated
- 1/2 cup zucchini cut into wedges
- 4 medium mushroom cut in to quarters
- 1/2 cup tomato cut in to wedges
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese – grated
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp butter
Yield: 2 Servings.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add in the mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini and red pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Remove vegetables from the pan and set them aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp of butter to the pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the two salmon pieces in the pan skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the salmon is cooked 1/3 through.
- Turn the salmon skin side up and cook and additional 2-3 minutes. Salmon should be almost completely cooked through.
- Arrange the vegetables around the salmon and place under the broiler – 1/3 of the way down in the oven. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the skin on the salmon become grispy.
- While the salmon is in the oven, mix the sour cream, parmesan and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Remove the salmon and vegetables from the oven and plate the two portions.
- Add 1/2 of the tomato wedges to each plates and drizzle with the sour cream sauce.
Fresh Seasonal Sockeye Salmon. Try saying that 5 times really fast.
A tongue twister in more ways than one. Nothing is quite so good as fresh Sockeye salmon. Living on the west coast we are blessed with a bounty of fresh seafood and something wonderful is always in season year round.
Lightly paired with some sauteed veggies and a light sour cream and parmesan cheese sauce your can’t go wrong.
Amount Per 1 Serving