- 1 small head of cauliflower – broken into small florets
- 1 small onion – coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese – grated
- 1/2 cup gouda cheese – grated or thinly sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- pinch of salt
Makes 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wash cauliflower and break or chop into small florets.
- Steam or boil until just tender, leave a bit under cooked and firm as it will finish cooking in the oven.
- Drain cauliflower and place in oven safe casserole dish.
- In a fry pan over medium heat, melt butter and sautee onion until translucent. Add garlic and sautee a minute longer. Remove from heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs and whipping cream until combined. Add cheeses, onions and garlic and mix well.
- Add paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, mix until blended.
- Pour over cauliflower and bake in oven uncovered for 25 mins.
- Cauliflower is done when the top is brown and bubbly.
Serve with a splash of hot sauce.
Tired of steamed veggies, bake ’em instead!
Baked cauliflower, sautéed onions and garlic make an aromatic and tasty side dish. If you want to break out of the usual steamed veggies with cheese sauce, try this baked dish it has cheese too!
Amount Per 1 Serving