- 6 celery stalks – washed and trimmed
- 4 ounces cream cheese – at room temperature
- 1/2 cup green olives with pimentos – finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove – pressed
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- dash of salt
Yield: 12 celery sticks
- Wash the celery stalk sand trim off the ends. Cut in half so you have 12 sticks. Set aside.
- Chop olives very fine, or pulse in a small food processor.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, olives, pressed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix with a spoon or fork until well combined and smooth.
- Fill each stalk with the cream cheese mixture and serve.
These can be refrigerated over night.
An old timey classic, so dam popular in the ’50s….let’s bring it back!
Let’s admit it, celery is a great low-carb snack and the crisp crunch of a celery stalk is very satisfying but it is so bland on its own. I usually make a dip for celery or melt cheese on it, but lately I’ve been loading the celery channel with cream cheese.
This recipe is quick and full of flavour. If you plan to make your celery real fancy and pipe the cream cheese onto the stalks, use a tip with a really big opening as the olive pieces will clog the tip.
Amount per serving.