Caramel Coconut Filling
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tbsp Erythritol
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 16 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 ounces of butter
Optional Sprinkle topping
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp Erythritol
Makes: 12 servings
- Melt half the chocolate with half the butter in a double boiler or the microwave. Stir until smooth
- Divide the chocolate in to the 12 silicone muffin molds. Paint the bottom of each to cover side to side.
- Place the muffin molds in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt the 1/3 cup butter and the erythritol in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 10-12 minutes until the caramel thickens. The thicker the better. Be careful not to burn the caramel.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the shredded coconut and stir to combine.
- Set the coconut aside to cool.
- Remove the muffin molds from the refrigerator.
- Divide the coconut mixture evenly in to the molds and press firmly to compact.
- Return to refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining chocolate and butter in a double boiler or the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Divide the chocolate in to the 12 silicone muffin molds to cover the coconut.
- Optional: Combine the cinnamon and erythritol and lightly dust the top of each treat.
- Return the molds to the refrigerator to chill completely before serving.
- Keep refrigerated.
A quick and easy keto “chocolate bar”
Who doesn’t like the combination of chocolate and caramel? Throw in some shredded coconut and we’re on our way to recreating a candy classic bar.
Amount Per Serving (1 bar)
|Net Carbohydrates||4.33 g|