- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter (softened, room temp)
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (I use monk fruit)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup low-carb chocolate chips (I used mini-chips)
Makes: 24 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the almond flour, hemp hearts, baking powder and salt. Blend well.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar substitute until fluffy.
- To the butter mixture, add the egg, whipping cream, sour cream and vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mixing well between each addition.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Make 2 inch balls from the dough (24 balls).
- Place the doughballs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. The cookies won’t spread so you can place close together on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Move the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
A great basic chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? These were one of the hardest things to imagine giving up when I started Keto. I’ve made a lot of low-carb chocolate chips cookies over the past couple of years. I keep coming back to this one as my base recipe. These cookies are not crumbly and not to moist, the sour cream is the secret. Enjoy with a cup of tea or a glass of almond milk.
Amount Per Serving (1 cookie)
|Net Carbohydrates||2.4 g|