6 Boneless and skinless Chicken thighs (patted dry) cut in to 1.5 inch cubes
1 green onion sliced
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup red bell pepper sliced
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper sliced
6 mushrooms sliced
1 1/2 cups canola oil
1/2 cup Erythritol
1/2 cup vinegar
1/3 cup sugarless ketchup
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
Breading – put A and B in separate bowls
A) 2 eggs and 2 tbsp cream beaten together
B) 1/2 Cup of equal parts almond and coconut flour
1/2 tsp salt
Combine the sauce ingredients and mix well and set aside.
- Place the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Oil should be hot but not boiling.
- Bread the chicken pieces by dredging in egg wash and then coating in flour. Use one hand to dredge the chicken in the egg wash and the other to coat it in the flour mixture.
- Place each piece immediately in the oil (do not crowd the pan). You will need to cook all the chicken in small batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side (golden brown). Move the cooked chicken to a plate covered in paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- When all the chicken is cooked drain off the oil and wipe down the pan. Add back 2 tbsp of the oil.
- Add the onion, mushrooms and peppers and stir fry quickly. Add in half the bean sprouts and the sauce. Cook until the sauce begins to thicken. Add remaining sprouts and the chicken.
- Stir mixture to coat the chicken with the sauce.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
Tastes like right off the restaurant menu!
That sweet and tangy delight from our childhood memories of family dinners out. A dish I once thought unattainable in the Keto diet. Remove the processed carbs and you get a wonderful food experience back again. This along with the egg roll in a bowl makes a great dinner combination. All that’s missing is the fortune cookie. That may be the next challenge on the list.
Amount Per Serving
|Net Carbohydrates||12.35 g|