- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 12 Pecans – separated into halves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup Erythritol (or other zero carb sweetener)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a pan over medium heat lightly toast the pecan halves until they are fragrant.
- Remove pecans from heat and set them aside.
- Add butter to the pan over medium heat, when melted add in the Erythritol, heavy cream and salt.
- Stir constantly to avoid burning the mixture. When it starts to turn a golden colour add the pecan and continue to cook.
- Cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until the mixture turns a deeper shade of golden brown and reduces by about 1/3.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and 1 tbsp of butter.
- Scoop two of the pecan halves in to each of the mini cup molds and then top up the cups with the caramel mixture.
- Alternately you can scoop the pralines on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, being sure to leave space between the pralines because the mixture will spread out.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set the pralines.
Super easy and super fast to make! That’s the other peril of these pralines, they are too good and too easy to make.
Dilemma solved! All the sweet goodness without the sugary guilt.
These wonderful treats garnered a coveted “kick ass” rating from my chief food taster and cooking inspiration. With an endorsement like that I think these deserve a place in your person baking rotation.
Amount Per 1 tablespoon