- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp bacon bits
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
Makes 4 servings
- Wash the lettuce hearts, slice the 2 lettuce hearts lengthwise down the middle and remove any brown leaves. You will have 4 lettuce wedges.
- Brush all 4 lettuce wedges with olive oil. Be generous with the olive oil as the oil will keep the lettuce leaves from burning and going limp.
- Over medium heat, place lettuce face down onto BBQ grill. Close lid and grill for 3-5 minutes.
- When the grill-side of the lettuce is brown, turn over and grill for just a minute more.
- Remove from grill, drizzle with creamy caesar dressing and top with bacon bits and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
CREAMY CAESAR DRESSING – You can make this the day before and store in fridge.
- In a blender combine mayonnaise, cream, balsamic vinegar, grated parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
BBQ Season is here, let’s grill a head of lettuce!
Grilling lettuce on the BBQ is a surprisingly delicious way to eat salad. Use romaine lettuce hearts as they are tender and stay crisp when grilling. It doesn’t seem natural to eat hot lettuce but like I said this is a surprisingly delicious dish. The homemade creamy caesar dressing really makes it amazing, but if you are pressed for time use a store bought creamy caesar dressing….just make sure it is low in carbs 🙂
Amount Per 1 Serving