- 10 small brussels sprouts
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 strips bacon
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- garnish with shredded parmesan cheese
Makes 2 servings
- Wash brussles sprouts, slice off the bottoms and remove any brown layers.
- Slice brussels sprouts. I start from the bottom and slice up to the tops.
- Chop half a medium onion.
- Add olive oil to fry pan and toss in brussels sprouts and onions.
- Over medium heat saute sprouts and onions for 2 minutes.
- Add pressed garlic, salt and pepper to fry pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Gently stir the mixture as it cooks.
- In a separate fry pan, fry bacon slices until crispy.
- Chop crispy bacon into small pieces and add to pan with brussels sprouts and onions.
- When brussles sprouts and onions are soft and garlic is aromatic remove from heat.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and serve.
Makes great left overs! Just reheat the next day. I know left over brussels sprouts sounds awful, but they really are delicious.
I don’t like brussels sprouts, Dave doesn’t like brussels sprouts and our family members don’t like brussels sprouts. That’s right this is a recipe for a food we don’t like.
When I first had this dish I didn’t realize it had brussels sprouts in it, it was nutty tasting and the suated onions and garlic gave it a great flavour. If you are tired of all your favourite veggies, this dish will not disappoint. You just might find you can actually eat brussles sprouts too. This recipe is great as a side dish with pork chops or a grilled steak.
Amount Per 1 Serving