- 2 roasted chicken breast
- 2 cups broccoli separated
- 1/2 cup yellow zucchini cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup green zucchini cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup cucumber cut into cubes
- 75 grams of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 cup of green beans
- 75 grams of mozzarella cheese cut into cubes
- 100 grams of sundried basil feta cheese cut into cubes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
Yield: 2 Servings.
- Bring 1.5 quarts of salted water to a boil and blanch the broccoli and green beans for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, pour off the water and shock the veggies with cold water.
- Mix the lemon juice with the olive oil.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, dress with the lemon and olive oil and toss well.
Summer Chicken Salad
It’s rare that we find ourselves in any sort of heat wave here on the glorious west coast. Living near the ocean we have a very high humidity rating year round. So, when the temperatures spiked this past week to 41C (that’s 105.8F!) with a humidity bonus running it up to feeling like 45C (113F) all thoughts turn to how to keep cool and not feel like you are melting.
With the heat and humidity no one in their right mind would want to be stuck in a hot kitchen or even stand over a hot BBQ grill. To beat the heat we’ve prepared for you a cool and tasty Summer Chicken Salad. Relax, stay cool and eat well. Words to live by!
Amount Per 1 Serving