- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup powdered Swerve
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz dark chocolate (85% or higher cocoa)
Makes: 12 servings
- In a small sauce pan, combine butter, powder Swerve, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth. Do not bring to a boil.
- Evenly distribute peanut butter mixture between the tart trays.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 mins until chilled.
- While the peanut butter tarts are chilling, make the chocolate layer.
- In a double-boiler (or you can use a microwave) melt the chocolate until smooth and runny.
- Remove the peanut butter cups from the fridge and pour the melted chocolate over each.
- Place back into the fridge and let set for 30 minutes before removing from the silicone pan.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Optionally you can chop peanuts and sprinkle on top after pouring the chocolate.
Just like the real thing!
I love peanut butter cups, I would always pick up a package while I was waiting at the grocery check out looking at all the chocolate bars. The marketers know exactly how to target the sugar addicted. This recipe is a great replacement for those store bought carb loaded cups of heaven. Use a silicone tart pan and the cups will pop out in perfect shape.
Dave and I didn’t really get into keto fat bombs, we just didn’t need them and not many tasted very good. You can use this recipe as a fat bomb, the portions are about right. Freezing them is great if you want a more solid treat.
Amount Per Serving
|Net Carbohydrates||2.26 g|