- 1 cup mozzarella cheese – grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – grated
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Makes: 12 servings
Preheat Oven 400 F.
- You will need 3 bowls.
- In a small bowl mix together egg and cream cheese until combined. This will be a bit lumpy.
- In a medium bowl combine almond flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a large bowl melt the cheeses in the microwave until bubbling. Do this in short intervals of 20 seconds so you don’t burn it.
- Add the egg and cream cheese mixture to the melted cheese. Mix well.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the melted cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Place dough on parchment paper, cover with another piece of parchment paper and roll out until 1/4 thick.
- Remove top parchment paper, leaving the dough on the bottom piece for baking.
- Place dough on parchment paper onto cookie sheet an bake for 10-13 minutes. Dough should be dark golden brown on the bottom, light gold brown on top.
- Using a pizza wheel cut into 12 x 1.5″ strips.
Breadsticks! Goes great with your favourite low carb Italian dinner
Watching everyone else have a thick slice of bread with dinner? Or a baguette with happy hour toppings? Well you too can participate with these easy to make cheese breadsticks. This is an adaptable recipe, use either mozzarella or cheddar cheese, I do half-half. You can also add whatever herbs you like to get a more garlicky flavour or more plain. Experiment!! You can’t go wrong with this recipe and it really hits the snack spot. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving
|Net Carbohydrates||1.48 g|