- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 batch of Cinnamon Swirl! Muffins
Makes: 12 servings
Preheat Oven 350 F.
- Make a batch of Cinnamon Swirl! Muffins and hold off on icing them.
- Allow the muffins to sit at room temperature overnight to begin the drying process.
- Crumble the muffins in to large pieces on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 5 minutes then turn the pieces over and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Move the toasted Cinnamon Swirl! Muffin pieces to clean dry open tray and allow them to completely cool.
- Drizzle the toasted pieces with the icing you withheld from step 1.
- Place 1 cup of plain yogurt in a serving bowl and sprinkle liberally with the toasted cereal.
Breakfast cereal they way it was when we were kids!
You ever miss those carefree days of your youth when the most important meal of the day was also the most sugary meal of the day? Well, as we grow and “mature” we are supposed to give up those unhealthy habits and eat “proper” foods for breakfast.
Usually proper breakfast fare is still high in carbs. Take granola for example. The hidden sugars in a supposedly healthy alternative to the cereals of yester year are a true let down.
As a sweet treat to begin your day try this cereal dish made from the Cinnamon Swirl! Muffins. At 14 carbs this isn’t a low low carb meal but it is a wonderful treat and you can enjoy it mostly guilt free.
Amount Per Serving
|Net Carbohydrates||14.28 g|