- 16 ounces of lean ground pork (chicken or beef works too)
- 12 ounces of coleslaw mix (minus the packaged dressing)
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
Makes 4 servings as a side
- Cook the ground pork in a large skillet over medium heat. Try not to break up the meat too much while it cooks. The texture should be on the rough side to provide the best mouth feel in the finished product.
- If you find there is an accumulation of oil in the skillet drain it off.
- Add the coleslaw mix and gently stir into the cooked meat. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and minced garlic along with the sesame oil. Cook for 5 minutes tossing gently to mix.
- In a separate container combine the spices, vegetable oil and soy sauce mix thoroughly. Pour over the cooked meat mixture.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
NOTE: This makes a great main or side dish. For a main this recipe makes 4 servings.
Quick and Easy! Hot and Tasty! Great as a side or main course!
Here’s a treat for your senses. This is guaranteed to make your taste buds sit up and take notice. Another trip down culinary memory lane. Harkening back to family dinners out. Always a treat because with 6 we got egg rolls! No crispy deep fried coating on these but the flavour is spot on!
Amount Per 1 Serving