- 2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese – grated
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs beaten (reserve a bit of beaten egg to brush on bagels)
- 2 tsp poppy seeds (or other herbs if you prefer savoury)
Makes: 6 bagels
Preheat Oven 400 F.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, baking powder, and xanthan gum together. If you want a savoury bagel add your dried herbs at this time.
- In a separate bowl, melt mozzarella and cream cheese in microwave. I microwave at high for 20 seconds then stir the cheeses, do another 20 seconds and stir, repeat until well blended and smooth.
- Add the cheese mixture to the flour mixture. Add the beaten eggs, but save a little for brushing on the tops of the bagels before baking. Mix the cheese, flour, eggs, this will be quite stiff.
- Divide dough into 6 equal parts. Roll into balls.
- Lightly press down on each ball to flatten and put a hole in the middle with your finger. I spend a bit of time with each one forming it into a nice looking bagel shape 🙂
- Place bagels on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush on egg wash and sprinkle poppy seeds on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Bagels all Around!
These little tasty bagels will satisfy any bread craving. They are not quite like the real thing, but they will do the trick. I made a batch yesterday and toasted one this morning, slathered on some cream cheese and served with a couple of fried eggs this morning, Mmmmmmm!
These are quick to make, and you can add whatever herbs you like to make them savoury.
Amount Per Serving
|Net Carbohydrates||6.58 g|