- 1 lb kubasa (450 grams)
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup keto friendly brown sugar (I use Swerve’s)
- 1/2 cup low carb chili sauce (Franks, Louisiana, etc)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Makes 25 servings.
- Slice kubasa into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl whisk vigorously the bourbon, brown sugar, and chili sauce.
- Add kubasa slices to the bowl and mix until meat is coated.
- Pour mixture into a baking pan.
- Bake covered for 2 1/2 – 3 hours.
- Serve right away or can be refrigerated and re-heated.
You can easily double this recipe for a large crowd.
Its’ Happy Hour!
Bourbon and Meat!
I found a recipe on-line in 1999 for kubasa soaked in bourbon with a heaping of brown sugar. It had my name written all over it, sugar, sausage and booze, you couldn’t go wrong. This was a fave of Pedro’s and he made it on special occasions and when we entertained. This is another personal favourite appy I’ve adapted for my new lifestyle.
Amount Per 1 Serving