- 2/3 cup sesame seeds (toasted)
- 2 tsp English mustard powder (prepared as on container)
- 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sweet onion
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
Yield: 6 Servings. Use low sodium soy sauce or your sauce will be super salty tasting.
- Place sesame seeds, mustard, soy sauce, vegetable oil, garlic and onion in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. You should see no individual seeds.
- Blend in the whipping cream until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, salad, grated cabbage, steaks or just about anything!
- Serve and enjoy!
Technically you can store this for up to 3 days. Go ahead and try to not eat it all in one meal. I dare ya!
Allegedly a steak sauce from an Asian Restaurant chain
This is part 1 of a 2 part mini-series on restaurant style knock off sauces. Yes, this is a re-creation of a recipe from one of those oft photocopied recipes that used to circulate around the workplace. I can not vouch for the provenance but I can say that the flavour certainly is spot on. This is one of our favourite steak sauce recipes, as Dave says “It would be tasty even on shredded cardboard!”
Amount Per 1 Serving