Yield: 3 Servings
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 454 grams Sausage Meat
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 6 tbsp of Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all biscuits ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Scoop the batter out on to the parchment paper using an ice cream scoop (approx. tbsp each).
- Ensure adequate spacing between biscuits on the parchment paper. I recommend 2-3 inches.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- In a large skillet brown the meat over medium-high heat. Stir in the ground pepper, cumin and hot sauce and mix the meat well to break it up in to a crumble.
- Add the chicken broth, cream and Xanthan gum.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the gravy until it is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve 1/3 of the gravy along with 2 of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Down Home Good!
If you’ve ever lived in or travelled through the southern US you will undoubtedly have seen or been lucky/adventurous enough to try biscuits and gravy. Often served as a breakfast dish this hearty meal is a real pleaser.
Amount Per 1 Serving