- 12 strips of maple smoked bacon
- 12 Medjool Dates (total weight 60 grams)
- 12 medium almond
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese
Makes 12 servings.
- Layout bacon strips on a clean cutting board
- Pry open each of the Medjool dates along its length to create a pocket
- Divide the Feta cheese in to 12 portions.
- Stuff each date with a portion of the Feta cheese
- Place an almond inside the date along with the Feta cheese and pinch the date closed gently
- Place one date on top of one end of a strip of bacon. Holding the bacon against the date rolls the bacon around the date.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack over the parchment paper.
- Place the bacon wrapped dates on the wire rack.
- Place on the middle rack in the oven under the broiler.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Turn and cook the other side a further 10 minutes until the bacon is cooked and crisp.
Definitely a Keto if you can
Early on in my exploration of keto we had close friends and neighbours who were doing keto the legit way. We had them over and in trying to impress them I made these bacon wrapped dates stuffed with almond and feta. A big flavour hit with our guests to be sure. I asked a naive question “Do these qualify as keto?”. The reply was a resounding “Sorta!”. They have a reasonable carb count per portion so you can still have them when “doing keto” you just have to remember the first law of eating well – Moderation in all things. This of course if modified by Dave’s corollary – Moderation in all things including Moderation.
Try to be good when eating keto but also remember you need to be good to yourself.
Amount Per 1 Serving