- 6 berry and hibiscus herbal tea bags
- 6 cups boiling water to make tea
- 2 cups red wine (Pinot Noir has lowest carb count)
- 1/2 cup brandy (not the fruity type as it has more carbs)
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- apple slices
- orange slices
Yield: 8 cups
- Brew a pot of tea with the tea bags and boiling water. Steep for 10 mins, remove the tea bags and allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, add the wine, brandy and erythritol. Stir until the erythritol is completely dissolved.
- Add the berries and fruit.
- Stir and serve.
Refreshing pitcher of fruit and wine!
A pitcher of sangria is a summer favourite. I was sitting with friends on their deck and the sangria was making the rounds. I passed on a glass and decided to find a low-carb version that I could bring to the next summer social event. This version uses an herbal tea as the main ingredient making it light in flavour yet still looks like the real thing.
The best part is eating the alcohol soaked fruit, but you will want to avoid eating it if you are counting your macros.
Amount Per 1 Serving (without eating fruit)