Sponge Cake Layer
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 3 tsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp powdered erythritol (I use Swerve confectionary)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened and whipped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tbsp powdered erythritol (or more to taste)
For soaking cake and dusting :
- 1 cup dark cold coffee
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
Yield: 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Set out 8 parfait glasses.
- Making the coffee: Make 1 cup of strong dark coffee of your choice. I use instant coffee.
- Allow to completely cool.
- Make the sponge cake: Mix all the dry cake ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and spread the cake batter into the pan.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until light golden and slightly giggly in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. I make mine the day before and refrigerate it over night.
- Once cool, slice into small cubes for layering in the parfait glasses.
- Making the creamy layer: In 2 separate bowls whip the cream cheese and the whipping cream with electric beaters.
- Fold in the whipped cream cheese to the whipping cream to combine.
- Gently fold in the erythritol.
- Dunk the cake cubes into the cold coffee and allow to soak up the liquid. You will need to do this in batches.
- Place a couple coffee soaked cake cubes in the bottom of each parfait glass.
- Add a couple spoonful’s of the cream filling to each parfait glass, layering it on top of the cake layer.
- Add a few more coffee soaked cake cubes to each glass and again top with the cream filling. Repeat until all the cake and cream are distributed.
- Dust the tops of each dessert with powdered cocoa.
- Chill for a couple hours before serving
Float your taste buds on a cloud
This keto version of the traditional tiramisu recipe uses cream cheese instead of mascarpone cheese. You can use whichever one you like, I conveniently had cream cheese in the fridge so I used that. The coffee soaked cake is delicious, the trick is to use really strong dark coffee. I am not a coffee drinker so I have instant coffee in the cupboard just for baking, it makes a great cup of joe to dunk the cake in.
Amount Per Serving