- 8 ounces of fresh ginger root – sliced thinly
- 2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 4 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of dried cloves
- 2 sachets of green tea
- 6 quarts of water
Makes 6 quarts
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot
- Add the ginger, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon and green tea.
- Allow to boil vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and cover pot. Allow to steep for 2 hours.
- Strain into a container and refrigerate.
- Can be kept up to 3 months.
Serving Notes: The tea can be a bit strong in its undiluted state but that is a matter of individual taste. Dilute and reheat as desired for a hot soothing drink. Can add milk or cream (not included in nutrition rating above).
So good on a cold day when you need to feel warmed all through but also good anytime. The aroma will invigorate your senses while the anti-oxidants work their magic on your corporeal self.
Amount Per 1 Serving – Serving Size 1 tbsp