- 3 ounces of good hot salami – thinly sliced and cut in to small cubes
- 12 large eggs
- 3 ounces of dices scallions
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar – cut in to 12 cubes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 oz Franks (@) Hot Sauce
Preheat oven to 350F. Makes 12 mini frittatas.
- Add the eggs, salt, sour cream and hot sauce to a large glass measuring cup
- Stir vigorously to thoroughly mix
- Divide the scallions, cheese and salami evenly between 12 muffin cups (use a good non-stick pan greased or a silicone pan)
- Fill each of the 12 cups 2/3 full with the egg mixture
- Season with a dash of pepper
- Place in oven for 30 minutes
- When done, remove from oven and either serve immediately or allow to cool and store in a sealed container for up to 3 days
Do not use paper cupcake liners, your frittatas will stick and it is difficult getting the paper off.
Great for breakfast, snack time or served as an appy
Originally made as a go to breakfast item that can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for a few days these are equally good any time of the day. Make them ahead and serve them rewarmed at your next happy hour.
Amount Per 1 Serving