- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 100 grams mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1-1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic – diced
- 1/4 medium onion – diced
- 1-1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
Makes 4 servings
- Cover the riced cauliflower with a damp paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and remove the paper towel and stir the “rice”. Allow the cauliflower rice to dry while you prepare the butter chicken.
- Cut the chicken up into 1 inch cubes.
- Coat the chicken in the turmeric, ginger, salt, chili powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the butter. Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Increase the pan heat to medium-high and add the chicken. Cook it almost entirely through – 3-5 minutes. The chicken will have a firm but not solid texture.
- Add in the mushrooms, whipping cream, sour cream and tomato paste. Using a spatula mix in the tomato paste so it runs smooth through the whipping cream. The mixture will turn a bright orange-red. Turn the heat to medium-low and cover with a lid for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir. Continue to cook and reduce the liquid to desired thickness.
- Serve over reheated cauliflower rice.
NOTE: To “rice” the cauliflower:
Separate the individual flowers from the head, wash and drain them.
Using the coarse side of a box grater carefully grate each of the washed florets. Stop rating when you get to the solid looking stem portion of the floret to avoid adding finger bits to the rice. Rice should never be eaten with your fingers. Fingers should always be consumed separately.
Place cauliflower rice in a microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave for 6 minutes. Pause the microwave every 2 minutes and stir the rice.
“Chicken – Butter Chicken!”
Hearty and tasty. Don’t settle for ordinary. When someone asks the age old question “What’s for dinner?” reply “Chicken – Butter Chicken!”. Then wow their taste buds with this dish.
Amount Per 1 Serving