- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 1.5 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup fine shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (50% cocoa)
- 10 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate squares
- 2 tbsp butter
Makes: 42 servings
- Mix the peanut butter, softened butter, pecans, coconut and chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Refrigerate the mix for 1-2 hours.
- Portion out the refrigerated mix by teaspoon full and form each in to a ball. Place them on a tray.
- Refrigerate the formed balls overnight.
- Place the 10 ounces of baking chocolate and butter in a glass dish and microwave for 60 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate and butter until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Roll the formed balls in the chocolate one at a time with a fork.
- Place the coated treats on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place the tray of coated treats in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set the chocolate.
- Last but not least the most important step is to consume the remaining chocolate in the glass dish as your reward for not filching any of the treats along the way. Well done. You did it!
Holiday Peanut Butter Treat
A little background and full disclosure about my past as a carb-o-holic (reformed). I was the person in the workplace that usually instigated the holiday baking sprees. I freely admit to organizing groups during the holidays to “optimize the variety of treats and share the bounty”. This involved hounding coworkers to bake large quantities of one of their family favourite treats and then we would all swap them and take home a variety of treats for our families to enjoy. Ok, that was the plan at least. Usually a goodly portion of the treats were consumed both in the making and exchange stages and a smaller than intended variety ever made it home for the families. It’s all good though.
So here is my Keto-ized version of a popular treat I have made for coworkers in the past. Hopefully this will garner some small measure of redemption for my carb-laden soul.
Happy Holidays and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving with icing
|Net Carbohydrates||2.83 g|