- 2 lbs (1 kg) pork loin roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Yield: 6 Servings
- Make rub by mixing paprika, thyme, garlic powder, celery salt, cayenne pepper and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Rub 1 tbsp of olive oil all over the roast, and then sprinkle herb rub over roast making sure it covers the entire roast.
- Add 2 tbsps of olive oil to fry pan and sear roast on all sides. Once nicely brown turn off heat and let sit in fry pan.
- Chop the onion and place in bottom of slow cooker. Add chicken broth to slow cooker.
- Place roast on top of onions and chicken broth.
- Whisk balsamic vinegar and crushed garlic together in a small bowl, pour over roast.
- Cook for 4 – 5 hours on low.
- Slice and serve with steamed veggies and a side salad.
Slow Cooked Pork Loin Roast
This week’s post was going to be scallops and white wine cream sauce, but the end result didn’t look so good, even though it was incredibly tasty….so we will leave that one for another time. Today I pulled out the slow cooker and whipped up a really tasty pork roast. I made a rub and then seared the meat before placing it in the crock pot, finally topping with a balsamic vinegar and garlic mixture. Roast turned out flavourful and moist.
Served with fresh veggies and a side salad (with a cuke from the garden) this recipe made a great family dinner.
|Amount per 1 Serving|